2015 Virtual Meeting:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a group registration?
- A group is defined as 2 or more people in a single room. Groups that require multiple rooms will need to register multiple group registrations. One group = one room. If one of your staff works remotely, they will need to register as an individual. Group registrants must be in person.
If I register as an individual, but then decide to join a group, can I switch my registration?
- Yes. The deadline for refund of your individual registration is 11:59 pm (Central time) on September 8, 2015. Please contact Tracey Hughes to begin the refund process.
Why do I have to enter the names and email addresses of those included in my group in the registration form?
- In an effort to gauge the demographic of the group, such as members and non-members and to send an evaluation survey, this information is required. If you have new people joining your group after the initial registration, please send their name and email address to Tracey Hughes.
I am presenting, but also am a part of a group registration. How do I present?
- You will be given an individual login, so that you can use a private area to conduct your presentation.
What are the technical requirements?
- For individual registrants, a computer with internet access and either a phone or computer speakers. A microphone is not necessary, unless you are presenting. Questions will be taken via the chat feature of the program, Adobe Connect.
- For group registrants, a computer with internet access, a projection screen, and either a speaker phone or computer speakers. A microphone is not necessary. Questions will be taken via the chat feature of the program, Adobe Connect.
- It is recommended that participants perform a connection diagnostic test, in advance, on the computer they plan to use for the meeting. This is available at the Adobe Connect Diagnostic Test site (http://meetingone.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm).
- In Adobe Connect, the sound for any videos will be played through the computer. Participants who connect to the meeting via phone will need to un-mute their computer speakers in order to hear the video.
When will my login information be sent to me?
- Emails with login credentials will be sent to registrants by no later than Monday, October 5, 2015. For group registrations, the login credentials will be sent to a designated representative of the group.